Susan G. Komen & Khols Cares want you to #TalkPink.
Let’s not ignore the Pink Elephant in the room… Breast Cancer!
Breast Cancer is scary, and as much as we want it to go away…. sadly it’s impact is huge.
We need to make Breast Cancer Awareness a top conversation! Ask your friends if they’ve screened themselves, start a conversation to spread awareness!
Some of the warning signs of breast cancer are:
- New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
- Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
- Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
- Nipple discharge other than breast milk, including blood.
- Any change in the size or the shape of the breast.
- Pain in any area of the breast.
If you experience any of these symptoms, you don’t necessarily have breast cancer, there may be other contributors for these symptoms. Nonetheless, it is always best to check with your health care provider.
Let’s start a discussion!
How has breast cancer impacted your life?
You can use the hashtag #TalkPink to connect with others who want to spread breast cancer awareness.
© 2014, Dean @Mrs. AOK, A Work In Progress. All rights reserved.