I have been watching Late Show with David Letterman for YEARS. Unlike my own children, I had a TV in my room as a kid, I would stay up and watch Letterman. He always made me laugh, even when his jokes were over my head. I enjoyed seeing him chat with the stars and with people on the street. When I got married, I made sure my husband knew that we were Letterman-watchers. I would later come to love Conan, Jimmy, and Jimmy too, but Dave had my heart first. Tonight, the last episode of Late Show With David Letterman will air, which makes me…. sad. I’ll miss Dave and friends. In honor of Letterman’s Top 10 lists here is my own: Top Ten Things I Will Miss About The Late Show with David Letterman.
10. Rupert’s Deli & Deli Trays- I’ve always wanted to visit Rupert’s and who doesn’t want to win a deli tray.
9. Stupid Pet Tricks and Stupid Human Tricks
8. Will It Float- Will it float, will it float… My husband and I would always play along at home. It’s amazing some of the things that will float!
7. Seeing Letterman play catch with NFL quarterbacks. I enjoy the way he gets excited to do so, but “tries” to play it cool.
6. Toy Testing and taking down the Christmas Tree.
5. Dave’s Mom! Seeing Dave’s Mom on the show has always been one of my favorites. I see other talk shows have implemented the same concept.
4. Checking out Dave’s socks. As a sock lover, I enjoy seeing Dave’s socks. Weird? Maybe. But I’m not the only one…
3. Seeing which guest Dave is smitten with. My hubby and I have noticed that if Dave is smitten with a lady he will kiss her hand. Not everyone gets a kiss on the hand.
1. Simply Dave.
His laugh, tho!!
Are you a Letterman watcher? What will you miss?
© 2015, Dean @Mrs. AOK, A Work In Progress. All rights reserved.