My last fling has been on my mind lately…

My Last Fling| South Carolina

There are days that I miss her, like today. It’s cold and gray, with peeks of sunshine piercing through the window. That’s when I’m reminded of her, her warmth, her charm, and how she had this power to embrace me with her soothing calm.

Gentle Waves| IOP, South Carolina

We would enjoy the sunrise with the sand between our toes. We had beautiful sandy memories her & I.

Sunrise on the beach| IOP South Carolina

Despite having our good times there was so much unknown; she welcomed me, charmed me, but still I did not feel completely convinced she was home. She said and did things in the past that still had me pissed.

Farmers Market| Mount Pleasant, South Carolina

Downtown Historic Charleston South Carolina

When I started to ponder walking away she always seemed to know. She would smile at me with her sun-kissed love and whisper, “We still have the beach

Payphone Downtown Charleston, South Carolina

and that’s where we’d go

Beach IOP South Carolina

The waves would clash against one another humming their beautiful fight song and I would listen,  I couldn’t help but to hum along. I always seemed to drift back in her arms- she had it that way.

IOP South Carolina

But last summer, oh last summer, she got volatile and vicious bringing up memories from her past before me. I got distant once more, but something told me that wasn’t the way. I held on thinking things would change-  I stuck up for her.

Summer 2015 Charleston South Carolina

And just as life moves like the ocean’s waves, my life took me in a new direction. I had to say good-bye.

Me on the IOP| South Carolina| My last fling

My Last Fling: Sunshine and Heart| IOP, South Carolina

I still get news about her, turns out she still has her flaws

Citadel

She’s not perfect, I’m not perfect, we’re not perfect, but for some reason I miss walking beside her on days like this. I long for the sun to kiss my face, the waves to crash hummingly, and that feeling of calm that crashes over me when I was with her…. sometimes

Rain| Seattle Vibes| Currently

Carolina.

Don’t forget to share your Thank You Notes with me each Friday!

Thank You Notes| Friday the 13th| World Kindness Day| Mrs. AOK, A Work In Progress

Sharing my photos over at Photo Friday. 🙂 I’m also sharing here.

© 2016, MrsA0K2001. All rights reserved.

Tagged with →

38 Responses to My Last Fling

1. Leslie says:

Beautiful photos!

2. Akaleistar says:

Beautiful! There are some places that just don’t leave you even when you move away 🙂

Thank you, Ashley. I have a soft spot in my heart for all the places I lived: Texas, Germany, Illinois, South Carolina, and I’m sure if I move again Washington will get a post on my blog. 🙂
      XOXO

3. Mia says:

Absolutely beautiful. <3

4. Tenns says:

So lovely lady! ? I can imagine WA is a 180 compared to SC.

Thank you, Tenns! Yes, it’s quite different, but there are some surprising similarities.
      I traded palm trees for evergreens and the beach for mountains. 🙂
      XOXO

5. Bev says:

Beautiful, beautiful post, and gorgeous photos.

6. Tiffany says:

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

7. Tamara says:

Gorgeous. Tell her I miss her.
    Although ABI should tell her for you because we’re going to Florida in a few days.
    I have then going to the dog park daily and getting sun on my face, no matter how cold it is.

8. Amber says:

Love these photos. Now I want to go to the beach.

9. Sonya says:

Awww…that was beautiful

10. Jen says:

What an absolutely lovely post! I love how you put this together – the words and image go together nicely.

You should come share it with us 😉

11. Lowanda J says:

OMG!!! I LOVE this!!! So poetic and well written. Great use of personification. Your English teacher would be proud. Love how you were able to capture events without even stating them. Pictures speak a thousand words. You should post this with Mia and Vashelle. Brilliant!!!??? Oh, and I think I heard her whisper your name recently…come back she said…sweet Carolina.

THANK YOU, LOWANDA!!! ??
      Haha! I’m glad you enjoyed my personification skills. ?

I was sneaky with my words, but I knew some people would know what I was taking about, the pictures helped too.

I think I may be a little late for their party. I wonder if I could link this next week…

Did she? I knew she missed me too. ?
      XOXO

12. Shelly says:

This is so beautifully written, Dean! I love the imagery you provided both in words and in photos 🙂

I understand your feelings completely. As much as I bemoaned Hawaii (who bemoans Hawaii!!??), my life feels enriched for having lived there. Between the foods, customs, quirks and adventures…we learned a lot.

Let us vow to seize our new adventures and not fail to realize the gift before us. Miss ya!

Thank you, Shelly! ?
      You and I are totally life in parallel sisters!! I’m so thankful I have you to vent to & cheer to. You get me. And you know I get you and love you!
      Miss ya more!!
      XOXO

13. Here’s to hoping you’ll get to come back and visit one day! I have to admit that SC is an easy place to fall in love with. From the people to the food and the amazing views, I can never get enough of my home.

I do hope we get to visit again. I loved so much of Charleston, but there was some I could totally do without.
      XOXO

14. Kristy Mauna says:

This was absolutely beautiful – the words and the photos! xxo

15. So lovingly written! We all have those places tugging at our heartstrings. Beautiful photos. So awesome in black and white! Thanks for linking up at #overthemoon! I hope to see you also at #thursdayfavoritethings.

16. Michelle says:

Amazing! So wonderful, I recognized the pictures immediately and it took me back. You’ll always have Carolina on your mind!

17. I love these these more e ery time I see them. Pinned, tweeted, stumbled and tumbled! Have a great week.

18. Gorgeous words and beautiful photos! You make me yearn to go there….

Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo