Day 2 of 12 Days of Blogmas
It’s day 2 of 12 Days of Blogmas and we’re talking holiday bucket lists. (Did you miss Day 1? If so you can catch up here.) You would think since I’m such a list maker that I would have a zillion bucket list posts, but no, I don’t. I even did a search on my blog, because surely I have bucket list post. I have 10 Things Posts, a spring goals post, and I even mention bucket lists, but no bucket list. So, here goes nothing… my very first bucket list post. 🙂
When the holidays roll around my family becomes a little tribe of holiday elves. The Christmas music is on full blast as we clean, cook, and play.
My youngest daughter has to be a certified elf, she has so much holiday spirit in her little body that she has to be from the North Pole. 🙂 Well, that’s our little joke anyway…
For her birthday every year for the past few years her room becomes a winter wonderland and we keep it that way until we finally begrudgingly take down all the decor around the house.
My son may also be an elf. This past weekend he said the cutest thing to me: “Mama, I love Christmastime. I like Christmas day, but Christmastime is the best. Everyone is so happy, and there’s music, Christmas movies and cookies.” That pretty much melted my heart.
Holiday Bucket List
Anyway… you can imagine when I sat down with my tribe this weekend and asked them for our Holiday Bucket List they were all eager to give me ideas of what they wanted to do this holiday. Some things didn’t make the list, like Disney World. Sadly, that lotto ticket didn’t come through for us… womp womp!
- Acts of kindness. We plan on doing a few or all of the 12 acts of kindness I shared yesterday.
- Go see the Nutcracker. The kids haven’t seen The Nutcracker, so I think this is the year. 🙂
- Go look at the lights. We look at lights often during the holidays, but there’s always one night where we make it a little more special with hot cocoa, blankets, jammies, and of course Christmas music.
- Play Christmas Charades. The kids absolutely love this, we usually make some snack type food and play the night away.
- Winter Fest. This one is new, we haven’t been to Winter Fest, but we look forward to checking it out this year.
- DIY Ornaments. We make ornaments every year, it’s what we do.
- Snowman Pizza Night. You guessed it, make pizzas in the shape of a snowman with snow sauce (alfredo sauce). You know there’s a Christmas movie involved here, right? 🙂
- Latke Showdown. I don’t mean to brag, but this is my thing. I’ve won it every year since we started this showdown. I love latkes!!!
- Make cookies/Gingerbread house. Every year we make cookies for family and friends. Gingerbread house making is just for us. 🙂
- And of course watch all the Christmas movies!! We’ll probably watch The Elf about a thousand times, A Christmas Story is reserved for Christmas day, and my honey and I watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation alone just the two of us, it’s “our” thing. 🙂
So, what’s on your Holiday Bucket List?
Don’t forget to enter the SUPER…. MEGA…. HUGE GIVEAWAY!!
And of course, don’t miss out on these posts by the other 11 fabulous bloggers. 🙂
See more Holiday Bucket Lists from the ’12 Days of Blogmas’ Bloggers!
- Christmas Bucket List with Free Printable by Views From a Step Stool
- Holiday Bucket List 2016 by My Legendary Style
- Christmas Bucket List by STL Motherhood
- Holiday Bucket List by Motherhood and Merlot
- 2016 Ruud Family Holiday “Bucket List” by One Ruud Mom
- Holiday Bucket List + Free Printables by Urban Housewife Adventures
- 10 Holiday Bucket List Ideas You Will Love! by Verified Mom
- 12 Days of Blogmas Holiday Bucket List by Dear Creatives
|4 $50 Gift Cards||$200.00||JORD Watches||www.woodwatches.com|
|Gift Card||$50.00||AMI ClubWear||www.amiclubwear.com|
|Kids Lightup Animal||$29.95||Kinderglo||http://kinderglo.com|
|My Blend Smoothie Maker||$24.99||Oster||http://www.oster.com/blenders-and-juicers/oster-blend-n-go-myblend-blender/BLSTPB2-MY-BLEND-MASTER.html|
|Play Makeup Set||$13.99||Little Cosmetics||https://littlecosmetics.com|
|Spicy Box of Awesome||$54.00||Fuego Box||http://www.fuegobox.com|
|Set of paint sticks||$6.00||Kwiksitcks||http://www.thepencilgrip.com/|
|Smile Brilliant Kit||$159||Smile Brilliant||https://www.smilebrilliant.com|
|This May Be Wine cup + Starbucks gift card||$30||Fab Flares||https://www.etsy.com/shop/Fabflaresbyaudsmom?ref=hdr_shop_menu|
|Gift Card||$50||Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt||http://www.orangeleafyogurt.com|
|1 Game||Set Games||http://www.setgame.com/set/puzzle|
|Essential Oil Recipe Box||$49||Simply Earth||http://www.simplyearth.com|
|Natural Organic Lipstick||$28.00||Axiology Beauty||https://axiologybeauty.com/|
|Kuisiware OneSpin Salad Spinner||https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0156C0XQM|
|Zeust Barbecue Grill Light||https://www.amazon.com/Barbecue-Grill-Light-Bright-Lights/dp/B00IR99G7Y/|
|Bracelet and earrings set||$25||Revel Designs by Shelly||https://www.etsy.com/shop/RevelDesignsbyShelly/|
|Childrens Book signed by author||$15||Danielle Soucy Mills||http://daniellesoucymills.com|
|Gift Card||$50||Baby Cubby||www.babycubby.com|
|White Wipes Teeth Wipes (for wine and coffee lovers)||$30||White Wipes||www.whitewipes.com|
|2 Personalized Phone Cases||$80||CaseApp||http://caseapp.com/|
|1 Framed Print + $15 Starbucks Gift Card||$30||That’s What She Said Quote Shop||https://www.etsy.com/shop/TWSSQuoteShop|
|Gift card||$50||Little Italy Layette||https://www.facebook.com/Littleitalylayette|
© 2016, Dean @Mrs. AOK, A Work In Progress. All rights reserved.